What is Dysport?
Treatment for facial wrinkles where a purified protein is injected into the facial muscles that cause undesirable wrinkles. This protein temporarily reduced their mobility thereby reducing the repetitive movements that cause undesired facial wrinkles.
How Long Does Dysport Last?
Dysport can last up to 4 months.
Dysport May Not Be Right for You if:
- You have had surgical changes to your face
- You have very weak muscles in the treatment area
- Your face looks very different from side to side
- The injection site is inflamed
- You have droopy eyelids or sagging eyelid folds
- You have deep facial scars
- You have thick, oily skin
- Your wrinkles can't be smoothed by spreading them apart
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 7-10 days before treatment. The use of Asprin, Advil, Aleve, or other anticoagulants (blood thinners) may increase your risk for bruising caused by the injection of Botox/Dysport
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment
- You are NOT a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Be sure to eat BEFORE procedure. This will decrease the chances of light-headness during your treatment
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection
- Schedule your follow up appointment prior to leaving office
- No direct sun exposure to treatment area
- Cold compress to reduce swelling
- Minimize or eliminate use of the following: Asprin, ibuprofen & St. John's Wort
- No massaging or manipulating the area directly
- No exercise at all the same day after treatment
- No aggressive exercise for 24 hours
- Ideally no flying on a plane within 24 hours
- No hot baths, saunas, tanning beds within 24 hours